Monday, March 5, 2018

Wikipedia Trails: Pelican to Demon

I saw the proverb of the day with a pelican on it and went to that Wikipedia page. The bird has a long beak and was itching his neck. It is also one of the largest water birds.

From there, I clicked on a link to Mythology of all things. The wikipedia page said the pelican has a long history of significance in mythology and why would I not click on mythology since that is what class we are taking!

After that I was choosing between clicking on giants, elves, or faeries and I chose elves. I clicked on thinking it was going to talk about the elves that help Santa, but they originated from Germanic mythology and folklore where it then spread to Christian cultures.

Then I clicked demon after because I thought it would be weird to go from pelican to a demon in the Wikipedia trails post. The demon is prevalent in mythology as well as many other things such as religion and literature.

Pelican Wikipedia                             Arrow Right Wikimedia Commons          Demon Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment