Monday, March 26, 2018

Wikipedia Trails: From Coyote to Burrow

The first thing you think of when you think about Native American folklore is the Coyote. He is the main trickster through most of their stories. That is why I picked him for my Wikipedia trails.

From Coyote I clicked on Desert because that is where a lot of coyotes are from. Deserts are barren wastelands where there is few life because of the lack of water and I think its cool how animals have adapted to live there.

Going on with that point, I came across the word Xerocole. These are the animals that have adapted to live in deserts. There are many different things that the animals do to survive such as living under the surface of the desert.

These animals tend to Burrow underground to survive the heat. Smaller animals are the ones that tend to burrow because they do not have to dig as big of a hole and are generally better diggers.

Xerocoles in their Burrow Wikimedia Commons


No comments:

Post a Comment