Sunday, January 28, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

Noah's Ark caught my attention because it is a biblical  story I grew up getting told in elementary school. I know the general story line, but never got into details of what happened while everyone was on the ark. I am interested to see what happens after the flood as well. I would like to retell stories of what happens to the animals and people on the ark for over 40 days. The inmates of the ark.

Homer's Odyssey is about the journey and dangers coming back from the Trojan War. There are a lot of different dangers he faces when traveling back and I think it would be easy to retell these stories. I would also like to reread them since I haven't read them since middle school. Retelling how the cyclops were defeated by changing how he tricked him into getting drunk.
Cyclops drinking Wine Flaxman

I randomly clicked on twenty two goblins and thought it would be easy to retell the stories because they are their own separate twelve stories that are told to a king. I have not heard of these stories until today, but I like stories end in a riddle. I could change The three lovers story by changing what each lover does to mourn for her and how she gets revived.

The Tales of the Parrot seemed interesting to me because the parrot has to tell a different story every night to keep his owner's wife from going to see her lover. The stories are trying to teach the wife a lesson as well as keep her from cheating on her husband. All or some of the characters could be changed in The Goldsmith, the Carpenter, the Taylor, and the Hermit and could create something else to teach a lesson about shame that could be brought by going to see her lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment