Sunday, January 28, 2018

Feedback Thoughts

Feedback can be very helpful even though at times, you do not want to hear it because it makes you uncomfortable and can seem demeaning. In the 5 Tips for Taking Feedback like a Champ, it talks about how when receiving feedback you should think of it as room for improvement. Meaning that you can get better at whatever you are doing and still have a lot to accomplish by improving those areas. The first step in Using Harsh Feedback to Fuel your Career is to embrace the emotions and vent it all out and then wait until they have passed to move on and try to use the feedback. I think this is really important because sometimes you have to just let it out before you realize that they are just trying to help you out and push you forward. When I used to play competitive tennis, my coach would sometimes give me positive feedback this part of my game or negative feedback that part of my game and I would get frustrated with negative feedback. But looking back the negative feedback is what pushed me forward and really helped me improve. This made me realize that even though feedback can frustrate you and make you upset, the only reason it's there is to help you improve.

Criticism Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment